Monday, April 4, 2011

A Lolita's Playlist


Hello all! How nice to see you again!
So, while going through Lolita forums and communities over the years I've noticed something. Someone always seems to be looking for Lolita music. Whether they want something to get dressed to, or to play at their stand at at artist alley, or just something to listen to, Lolitas seem to love finding music that has a Lolita feel. So I've compiled a list of 50 Loli-able songs! That's right, 50 songs and links to where you can hear them! When I say these are Loli-able songs I mean that they have a Lolita feel to them and they somehow make me think of Lolita. This list includes a variety of songs ranging from J-Pop to Classical and everything in between so there is something for a Lolita of every style! This list is by no means in any particular order because I'm terrible at deciding which I like better between two songs, let alone 50, but I put a lot of work into compiling this list and linking everything so I hope you enjoy this list of songs!

1. Kanon Wakeshima - Heroine Syndrome
2. IU - Marshmallow
3. Florence & The Machine - Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)
4. Nana Kitade- Lum no love song
5. Mindy Gledhill - Circus Girl
6. BIGBANG feat. 2NE1 - Lollipop
7. Kerli - Tea Party
8. Orange Caramel - Magic Girl
9. Kanon Wakeshima - Lolitawork Libretto
10. Charlie McDonnell- Melody for Melody
11. Anette Louisan - Das Grosse Erwachen
12. Tomosuke - Chocolate Philosophy
13. Voltaire - Happy Birthday (My Olde Friend)
14. Malice Mizer - Gardenia
15. supercell - Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari
16. Carla Bruni - Quelqu 'un m 'a dit
17. Sweeney Todd - Green Finch and Linnet Bird
18. Kana Hanazawa - Renai Circulation Full
19. Kerli - Walking On Air
20. Darren Criss-I Still Think
21. KAT-TUN-Love yourself
22. Kaya-Chocolat
23. Versailles - The Love From The Dead Orchestra
24. Yousei Teikoku - Canary
25. Kaya- Ophelia
26. Ali Project- Peony Pink
27. The Ting Tings - That's Not My Name
28. Tangled- When Will My Life Begin
29. Kokusyoku Sumire - Eikyuu ni uruwashiku sumire no hana yo
30. Late Night Alumni - Moonwalking
31. Milky Holmes- Seikai wa Hitotsu! Janai!!
32. Yoshiki Lisa - Destin Histoire
33. Mae- Sun
34. The Carnival of the Animals - The Aquarium
35. Annie Little - Fly Me Away
36. Yuji Kajiura - Lacie
37. Mcfly - Transylvania
38. Tom Felton - If You Could Be Anywhere
39. Ali Project- Baragoku Otome
40. Owl City - The Technicolor Phase
41. Kalafina - Lacrimosa
42. Iwasaki Taku - Si Deus Me Relinquit
43. Johann Strauss II. - Geschichten aus dem Wienerwald (Walzer. op.325)
44. Tommy heavenly6 - Hey my friend
45. The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby
46. Gackt - Love Letter
47. Doctor Who - Amy's Theme
48. Liz Callaway - Once Upon A December
49. Olivia Lufkin - Starless night
50. Aural Vampire - Darkwave Surfer

And there you go! 50 songs that make me think of Lolita. I hope you enjoy them!
Note: This list is based on my personal opinion. All these songs were chosen for this list based on the words, the tone, the artist, or the general sound of the song. If you don't agree that something should be on this list please leave a comment and I would be more than happy to explain the method to my madness!

6 comments:

Alanna said...

This looks fun! I shall have a listen to some of them!

KittyDragon said...

It's I did a post about my lolita princess playlists and we have some of the same songs!

Anonymous said...

It's just my opinion but usually songs/music with the playing of 4-strings, chimes, or music box could give lolita feelings ^^

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I noticed your website Pink Roses has come down in the last day? I know freewebs sometimes deactivates sites until creators log in again, but in case that's not the case I just wanted to say I had come across Pink Roses a few weeks ago and it's really given me a great understanding of Lolita which can be such a picky style, I'm sorry if anyone has called you ita-loli, I don't think it's true and have had my run ins with Lolitists myself (and hey, I've seen even them make big mistakes). You did a good job and you published something good, and I thought someone should go out of their way to tell you that it was a very very very helpful site :) Thank you so much for having run it, you should totally bring it back for the people who appreciated it~ ^___^

Neko Nekogami said...

@Anonymous:
Why so anon?
Anyway, I'm happy to know that you liked the old site. Yes, I did remove it earlier this week actually because there was a lot of outdated information on it that I wanted to replace and it was easier to just switch everything over to a new site, the Painting The Roses Pink info site:
http://paintingtherosespink.webs.com/
It is basically the same thing but I feel that it is less cluttered and has more updated information.

Anonymous said...

:D <3 Wonderful - thank you so much!!! ^.^

Post a Comment