Friday, December 3, 2010

Michelle Phan- The Queen of Makeup Tutorials


Many Lolitas will tell you that Lolita isn't just about the clothes. Most Lolitas think that hair, accessories, and makeup are just as important as the clothes. But what do you do when you aren't very good with makeup? Sometimes it can be hard to create a makeup look that matches your outfit. For problems like these, a popular thing to do is looking up makeup tutorials.
Having trouble finding a tutorial you like? Well look no farther than Michelle Phan. Michelle joined Youtube in 2006 and in November 2010 became the No. 1 most subscribed female on YouTube and the first female to reach 1 million subscribers. She is also a spokesperson for Lancome and has her own skincare line called IQQU.
Michelle has a makeup tutorial for almost every occasion. Her tutorials are also very good quality so you don't have to struggle to see through pixelated webcam videos. While most of her tutorials aren't specifically Lolita, they could definitely be used for Lolita and are a great source of inspiration.
Just recently though, she has uploaded a "Gothic Lolita Doll" makeup tutorial. I must confess that I was a little put off by certain things like her use of anime references and her headdress, but I admire her work and I think the outcome of the tutorial was adorable! I certainly can't say that it's something I would do just for a day out, but I could definitely see it used in a Lolita photoshoot.

3 comments:

Ditzydorey101 said...

OMG this is amazing! You won't mind if I pop this video on my blog?
I'll credit your blog of course :) x

Neko Nekogami said...

Oh yeah, that's fine. It's not my video anyway so do with it what you want. =)

Olivea Zeuing said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

Post a Comment