Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Thing About Animal Ears

This is just going to a short rant to clear things up. Just thought I’d warn you before I have at it.
So, I often find myself being asked why I hate animal ears with Lolita so much. I would just like to clear up, that it’s not the animal ears I hate. Nope, not at all. I hate the fact that beginner Lolitas often tend to wear animal ears (mainly cat ears) because they think it is “super kawaii desu~!” They wear them because they think it’s cute and anime-ish and because they think Lolita is cute and anime-ish.
I don’t have much of a problem with Lolitas wearing animal ears when it is well done and when it is part of a theme of the outfit rather than just being a tacky little accessory they decided to add because they think they look “kawaii” and “moe” like an anime character. (Holy run-on sentence Batman)
So, yep, that’s about it. Just thought I’d throw that out there for anyone who might care. Not that there are… many of you… [insert sad face] I want more followers.

Oh! One more thing! I'm looking for a new layout! I want something cute like what we already have, but with something to do with roses. =3 Pink ones if possible. If you know of any blogger layouts that might be nice do tell. Thanks!

3 comments:

Asuka said...

I really have to agree with you here - and I think many lolitas do.
I also don't have anything against animal ears (having owned and worn them myself xD), but not in Lolita.

Caro-chan said...

I hate them on headbands, even when AP and BtSSB does it, but I looove them on hoods (and even then, only bunny or bear). XD I guess it's different because you don't really ever put up your hood. I have been lusting after a winter Lolita jacket with bear ears though XD sooo cute!

sparklewolfie said...

I love animal ears!! Though I definitely agree about the "ANIMAL EARS ARE KAWAII DESU MOE MOE MOE!!" annoyance thing T^T I think they look great on hoods, and can be cute with an outfit like say a cat motif print with cat ears that actually match/are accessorized properly. Just usually animal ears are done so wrong and ita that people just started hating them in general T^T

Post a Comment