Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A bit about moi

So... I'm bored. XD And I found this meme on Lolita Charm and thought it sounded fun. Since it doesn't look like I'll have a Lolita Spotlight for this month, why not talk about myself? So, here we go~

COLOURS

What colours can be found in your Lolita closet?
Pink, black, white, and blue.

What is your favourite colour with Lolita?
I love the combination of pink and blue! I also like lilac.

What is your least favourite colour in Lolita?
Anything neon.

Which uncommon colour do you want to try out?
Pastel orange! I would love an orange creamsicle print!

DESIGN

Are you more a Onepiece, Jumperskirt or a Skirt person?
I usually prefer skirts just because they're less hassle and they tend to look better on me but I also like Jumperskirts.

Which cut do you like the best?
I really like sweetheart cuts! They look so elegant.

Print or no Print?
Prints! I love them!

How does a dress/skirt have to look like that it will be a "must have" item for you?
I really like sweet prints. Either that or something very elegant.

STYLES

What is your favourite style in Lolita?
Sweet and classic.

Which style do you wear regularly?
I usually wear a more casual sweet unless I have somewhere to go where I will be meeting with friends or other Lolitas.

Which style you want to try out?
I really want to try out Hime Lolita! It's so beautiful! I would also love to try out really over the top Sweet Lolita with head-to-toe Angelic Pretty! lol Just once to say I did it.

Which style you never want to try out/wear again?
I don't think I would ever wear Wa Lolita. I think it looks best on Japanese girls. Other than that, in my honest opinion, I think it looks like a cosplay. =( I don't want to sound mean. That's just how I feel.

BRANDS

Brands yes or no and why?
I would love to buy brand, I just don't have the money right now. (I just applied for a job though! XP)

Which brand is your favourite?
It's so hard to choose! I think AP and BABY are tied for first and then would be Innocent World, Mary Magdalene, and Victorian Maiden.

Which is your least favourite brand?
Visible! Does it even count as a brand? I certainly don't think it should. XP

Ever had a good/bad experience with brand?
The only kind of bad experience I would ever have with brand is being surrounded by girls wearing it and me not having any. XP

Will this experience encourage/stop you from buying brand?
It makes me want to buy it!

OTHER

Did you ever got surprised by a piece of Lolita?
I ordered a dress from Milanoo before it started getting all these terrible reviews. It was perfect! I love it so much!

Did you ever got disappointed by a piece of Lolita?
I got a dress from Bodyline once and it was much smaller than the site said it would be! It was terrible! I cried. =(

Things that you like about Lolita?
I love feeling like a princess! People may stare at me, but when I'm wearing Lolita, I'm always in my own little world so sometimes I don't even notice!

Things that you dislike on Lolita?
The ignorance! I've said it once and I'll say it again, it isn't a cosplay! If you want to wear Lolita, do research on it. You shouldn't just assume things.

Do you have a Lolita fashion idol, if 'yes' who is it?
Actaully, no, I don't have one. o.o

Does Lolita affect your every day life?
Of course it does! I'm on my computer almost every day modding Lolita Snap, playing around on LF.org, and of course posting here!

Do you buy Lolita related things, like cute looking furniture?
Of course I do! I want to be surrounded by Lolita! I love going antiquing and finding ways to decorate my room.

Do you read/buy the Gothic Lolita Bible?
Only the English ones. I might buy a few of the Japanese ones at Otakon this year though.

How to you describe your fashion style to others that don´t know about Lolita?
I give them this little card I found once on egl. lol It says:
"Lolita is a Japanese street fashion. It aims to recreate the look of a Victorian doll or young girl. It originated in the 1980's, but was popularized by Japanese indy rock bands in the late 90's. the look can be gothic, sweet, or classis, but the basic idea of modesty and cuteness remains the same. It has nothing to do with Vladimir Nabokov's novel, Lolita, or "lolita complexes". See www.lolitafashion.org for info."

XD It pretty much gets the point across.

Is there something you want to say to your fellow Lolitas?
Live long and prosper. XD Just kidding. Um... I guess just have fun and don't worry about what people say about you! So what if someone laughs at you for wearing Lolita? Don't let their ignorance get you down!


2 comments:

りあたん☆ said...

I personally think Visible is counted as a brand. It doesn't fit in the mold of Lolita perfectly but some of their designs are breath taking.
Then again, this is coming from a Gothic Lolita POV hehe *_*);;

Neko Nekogami said...

I'm perfectly fine with Gothic Lolita, I just think Visible doesn't have very good designs half the time and their lace seems terrible for the most part imo. I've seen them come out with a few good things, but not much that I would be interested in.

Post a Comment