Friday, December 4, 2009

Being Your Best Princess


"I am a princess. All girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics. Even if they dress in rags. Even if they aren't pretty, or smart, or young. They're still princesses. All of us."
I have no idea where this quote came from but I am in love with it! When I was little I always used to pretend that I was a princess, my mommy was the queen, and my daddy was the king. Eventually I grew out of that phase though. I stopped wanting to be a princess and started wanting to be a Pokemon trainer.
When I was little I was the girliest little girl you could find. I had a ton of Barbie dolls and loved to play dressup. But eventually I decided that I would rather play video games and watch anime. But then something happened, I met Lolita. Slowly I began to morph back into this little girl who wanted nothing more than to be a princess. Of course, I still play video games and watch anime, but at this point I would much rather watch Kuroshitsuji than Naruto if you get what I'm saying. (I prefer pretty-boy Victorian butlers over loud little ninja kids.)
What is it that girls find so appealing about being a princess? Is it wearing pretty dresses? Finding your prince charming? Or maybe living in the lap of luxury? For me it was all of these. I have vowed to myself to be the best princess I can be. But how exactly would one be the best princess? Here are a few tips to being the perfect princess.

~Act like a princess~
The virtues of a Princess are grace, courage and kindness.
Now I know that some of us (myself included) are not the most graceful creatures ever to set foot on God's great Earth, but even if you are a clutz, you can always play it off gracefully. You tripped over your own feet? Pick yourself up, brush it off, and laugh politely. It's much better to have people laughing with you than at you.
As for courage, this does not mean you have to run headfirst into the dragon's lair. Courage is much more than bravery. To have courage means that you are not affraid to stand up for what you believe in. If you see a peer being bullied, stand up for them! You don't have to pick a fight, just tell the bullies to leave them alone. If you see something wrong, try to find a way to fix it.
(Kindness should be pretty self explainatory...)

~Look like a princess~
Make yourself beautiful! Whether you wear full Lolita, or just a cute sundress. Or just doing your hair and makeup can do wonders! Dress in a way that makes you happy and lets your inner beauty shine through!

~Treat yourself like a princess~
It's okay to spoil yourself sometimes! You don't have to go out and buy yourself diamonds and pearls though. Maybe treat yourself to a sweet treat from time to time, or take a nice warm bubble bath to help you unwind. Or just light a few candles and curl up with a good book! Take a little time every day to pamper yourself just a little bit!

~Live like a princess~
There are so many ways to make your living space fit for a princess! You don't even have to spend alot of money. Search online and in magazines for decorating inspiration. Do you want to live in full Rococo luxury, or just something cute and shabby chic? Stop by stores like Target or even TJ Max for good deals on decorations. Or maybe stop by an antique store and see what you can find! Decorating my room is one of my favorite things to do!

That's about all I have for you right now. Remember, every girl can be a princess. Even boys can be princesses if they really want! All you have to do is ask yourself, "What would a princess do?"


2 comments:

Mokitty said...

I loved your post! Your tips are really precious, congrats for bringing them to me.
Now, about the the quote with which you've started your post, it is probably from "A little princess", from F.H. Burnett.
While googling it, imdb appeared saying it was a quote from the 1995 movie version of the sweet book.
Have you already read it?
I really liked the story and the writing style from Mrs. Burnett. Sara Crewe surely teaches us how to be princess.
See you!

Neko Nekogami said...

omg thanks! I had no idea where that quote was from! I'll have to read that now! ^^ Thanks bunches!

Post a Comment