Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Movie Recommendation: Orphan (Rated R)

Everyone loves a good movie. So, I'm going to start a new section of movies that I recommend for Lolitas.

My first recommendation is the new movie, Orphan. Orphan is a horror about a family who after the loss of their unborn baby girl, decide after a few years to adopt. They arrive at the orphanage where they meet Esther, a 9-year-old girl who they immediately fall in love with. But when they take her home they soon realize that there is something wrong with Esther.

This movie is perfect for anyone who loves a good scare! Although, it's not really as scary as it is shocking you could say. It's also a bit sad at times. I actually cried for a minute during the flower scene (you'll see what I'm talking about if you watch it).

So you may be wondering why I recommend this movie for Lolitas? Because Esther makes me think of a little Lolita! lol She hates normal clothes and always wears cute, old fashioned dresses, blouses, and jumpers. She always seems to have ribbons in her hair and just has some of the cutest outfits! There is also a scene where one girl calls her Little Bo Peep! She is also amazing at playing the piano, which I just think is awsome. Of course, she's a cold blooded, murdering maniac! But that can be overlooked! XD

So anyway, I definitely recommend this movie! I thought it was great and I hope you do too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment