Saturday, August 8, 2009

Is Research So Difficult?

Really? Sorry, this is going to be yet another rant.
How hard is it to do some research before you dive into something? I'm getting tired of going to anime cons and seeing girls running around in their "SUPER KAWAII RORITA COSPLAY"! When they really look like crap. (Hey, if TV can use people's pictures while only blocking out their faces, so can I.)

1. Lolita is NOT cosplay! It is a serious fashion and should be treated as such. It's fine if you only want to wear it once for an anime con, but that doesn't mean you should make it as ugly as possible!

2. Lolita has rules! Pull your shirt down! We don't want to see your belly fat! Get better lace! Get petticoats and longer skirts! And for the love of Mana, please cover up! (I feel so bad for the little girl in that picture.)

Is it really that hard to google "Lolita Fashion"? That way you can maybe learn a little bit about it before you screw it up. You can't just throw some lace onto a black dress and go "I'm so rori now!". NO! It's not that easy! Okay?! *sigh* You're just lucky I'm not an elitist. If I see you looking like an Ita I won't be mean about it, but I will tell you you're doing it wrong and try to help. Don't be scared to ask for help.]

By the way, in case you didn't know, an Ita is a Lolita who looks so bad that it is painful to look at. =P Well, you know what they say, you can't spell "Lolita" without "LOL" and "Ita".

Please. If you are a beginner, read these comics I made to help beginners not make common mistakes. (That is one out of four) Also please go to the Lolita links on the side of the blog page.

Please don't think I'm a terrible person. I'm actually a very sweet person. I just get very angry when people mess up Lolita because I love it so much. I would really love it if everyone would learn to do it right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment